Engineering Education (MC 0218)
660 McBryde Hall, Virginia Tech
225 Stanger St.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
FAX (540) 231-6903
The Department of Engineering Education is home to all first-year engineering students. The educational objectives of the General Engineering Program are focused around first year engineering students being prepared for academic success in a degree granting major.
At the conclusion of the first year course sequence an engineering student must be able to demonstrate a basic:
- understanding of the engineering profession,
- understanding of the professional skills in engineering,
- understanding of and capacity for problem solving,
- understanding of and ability in engineering graphics,
- understanding of the engineering design process, and
- awareness of current global issues impacting engineering practice.
The College of Engineering offers the following undergraduate degree granting engineering majors:
Spring 2014 Dates
Summer 2014 Drop/Add Opens
Spring Break Ends
Last Day to Resign
Fall 2014 Course Request Opens
Fall 2014 Course Request Closes
Last Day to Reschedule Final Exams
Fall 2014 Drop/Add Opens
Last Day to Course Withdraw
Last Day of Classes