Engineering Education (MC 0218)
345 Goodwin Hall, Virginia Tech
635 Prices Fork Road
Blacksburg, VA 24061
FAX (540) 231-6903
The Department of Engineering Education is home to all first-year and transfer engineering students. Once specific course requirements are complete, students become eligible to declare any of the 14 undergraduate degree granting engineering majors offered at Virginia Tech.
At the conclusion of the first year course sequence an engineering student must be able to demonstrate a basic:
- understanding of the engineering profession,
- understanding of the professional skills in engineering,
- understanding of and capacity for problem solving,
- understanding of and ability in engineering graphics,
- understanding of the engineering design process, and
- awareness of current global issues impacting engineering practice.
The College of Engineering offers the following undergraduate degree granting engineering majors:
Fall 2014 Dates